The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Vancouver.


It is blessedly warm, and Vancouver gives me a good first impression. Lots of parks and green spaces, lots of cycle ways, beautiful scenery in every direction and cyclists everywhere.
Vancouver looking out to the bay.
 
Looking back to Vancouver.

 
Toyem poles.

It was a hard ride from the airport to the campground and we got lost a few times. The trip was supposed to be 25kms but ended up taking us 38kms. But we got here just before dark. There is a sign on every doorway saying that a Bear was in the park last week and to take extreme care. God blimey!!!

 

We did a cycle ride of the city on our day off before cycling. There is a great ‘seawall’ walk / cycle way around the peninsula. It was very beautiful, and a credit to the city council for building it. I found a decent bike shop to replace my spare bike shorts – I bought my worn out ones by mistake, really they were too obscene to be seen in riding across Canada. I also found some Anti chaff chamois cream – I will not tour without this brilliant stuff. Niel found a shop to get his primus fuel. And we made a start on ridding ourselves of the winter flab and white pasty skin.

 

Good bye the Pacific we are off inland for the next 9 to 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment