The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Rockies here we come.

We found out two things today. First the road to Banff is open, the road from Banff to Calgary will be open by the weekend. It is Friday tomorrow so by the time we get there it will be open. Yeah

Secondly the place we were aiming for is a ghost town and there is nothing there - no food, no camping, not even a motel, so we have to ride 150kms to Golden. Normally 150kms is achievable on a flat day, but throw in a 1525 metre pass and it is quite an ask. It normally takes about 4 and 1/2 hours to climb a big pass so that is half the day gone just doing that. We will have to get up very early to achieve this.

I really hope the sun shines tomorrow, as the scenery is supposed to be spectacular. It is amazing British Columbia hasn't washed away into the sea with all the rain they get here. Oh well I have washed everything including my shoes, and mended torn clothing and Niel has fixed his Primus cooker - it has been a day of domestic chores.
Niel fixing one of my punctures. He has his uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment