The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Monday 12 March 2012

Trying not to panic.

What a difference a week makes.

Bob the cat is fine. He has spasms of extreme pain, but the Vet says it's phantom pain - just as people get, who loose a limb. He manages just fine and i have my beloved companion back. He's eating again - not huge amounts, but I can no longer feel every back Bone when I pat him - he's generally happy, so am I.

I miss Niel immensely, but have got into a routine at home to take my mind off it. When he's managed to get in contact, then I'm a 'happy chappy', and as proud as punch of him. It's not his cycling ability I'm proud of, it's his perseverance, will power, drive to keep going, no matter how hard it gets. It's when he can't get in contact, that I have to stop myself from stressing out. Your mind plays tricks on you. I imagine he's kidnapped and held by guerrillas, or mugged and left in a ditch somewhere, and then he gets in contact again and I'm fine again. I have to have faith that everything will be okay. I know he's not gullible and openly trusting of everyone - we are seasoned travellers and that's one of the first things you learn very quickly. So I just have to keep to my routine, stay calm, do not panic, and wait for his next contact.




It's taken him 4 days to do a ride estimated to take one day. It's been non stop mountains, climb one, descend, climb again etc. Add into that is a snow blizzard  at 4 1/2 thousand meters high [16,000 feet], and it's been a nightmare. He only has a light summer sleeping bag, so I hope he's alright. oops calm down Adi. He's a day behind schedule, but I'm confident he can make that up on the down hill side of the Andes.

I love Autumn it's my favourite time of year. There is a mellowness about this time of year that has a calming effect on me. Just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment