The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Yeah Holidays.

The 'silly season' is over thank goodness. It's so silly it's truly laughable. Oops I was about to launch myself in to the idiocy of it all, oops I just put my foot in it again without even trying. Change the subject quickly.

 We are going on summer holiday. With a bit of luck it will actually be summery. The weather hasn't been doing what it's supposed to do, it is raining as I speak, and cold enough to be wearing my winter sheepskin slippers. [Although I've just thrown them off due to a hot flush, the joys of being middle aged].

I've been preparing the garden for leaving it for 2 weeks. With Niels help joining hoses together, I've layed down some irrigation and connected it to a timer. I was feeling pretty smug that I would have vegetables to come home to, when in the evening twilight we saw a huge Hare jump into the garden. Now I'm paranoid that our garden will be some bunnies belated Christmas dinner. Why can't it be happy in the huge cabbage market garden 500 meters down the road?

Artificial rain from my soad hoses.


I asked Niel if he'd make me a frame for the garden to grow my tomatoes and cucumber up. So on Christmas and Boxing day when I was at work, he made me this wonderful frame. Isn't he a good boy.

Frame made from bamboo from the garden.


Actually talking of holidays, I asked my boss if he would confirm that I could have the time off to join Niel in Morocco and S.E. Asia. I showed him the dates on Niel's global route, and my boss - Jim confirmed that - yes I could go. Jim understands me, and appreciates that this is what I live for, he's a very good man. So I can now allow myself to get excited. 

Next time you hear from me, I'll be somewhere in the beautiful south island on my beloved Vespa, encouraging Niel as he whips himself into shape doing 200 kms a day on his bike. For once I'll beat him to the top of the hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment