The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Newspaper again.

Niel returned from his 1,600 km ride in 10 days to a reporter and photographer on the side of the road waiting for him. Actually I organised it and surprised him with it as I met him riding home from Picton. It is only 2 months until he leaves for England and he needs as much publicity as possible. That is my role as wife, promoter, trip planner, breadwinner and all round dogs body, doing everything to free him up to ride that bike as much as possible.



He's out at the moment trying to bring his total up to 2,000 kms in 2 weeks. I've started swimming again. God it was noisy at the pool there must have been 2 whole schools there all shouting above each other to be heard and of course it echoes in those hollow buildings. I'm a pretty slow swimmer but I'd like to do the Nelson woman's triathlon in April. I was once told by a top athlete - "your never enter an event you haven't trained for". So there I am training.

No comments:

Post a Comment